Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy (Early) Valentine's!

How sweet is this little guy? That Valentine tucked under his wing is just for you!

I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's Day, well the whole $50 dinner/roses/chocolates/expectations part of it at least. But I do love all of the pink and red, and the homemade cards. When I was younger making Valentine's cards was almost a two month long process. My friends and I could barely wait until Christmas was over and then we would hole ourselves up in my parent's basement with yards of lace, piles of construction paper and bottles of glitter. These days the aisles of Target are filled with pre-made cards-it makes my heart a little sad to see one of my favorite past times pushed aside for cookie cutter consumerism. Anyway, I decided to make a card this year to commemorate all the fun I had making Valentines growing up.

Oh, and I always enjoyed the my-size box of chocolates dad would give me so I would not feel left out when mom received hers. One of the many reasons why my dad is just so great.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, YES. Who do I love more? You or Mr. Owl? Beautiful. Just keeps gettin' better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, so cute! Happy Vaalentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete