Sunday, February 5, 2012

Wu Hoo! The Jason Wu for Target Collection

NE Minneapolis Target Store, February 5th 2012














This morning the Jason Wu collection launched at Target stores, and while I usually refuse to get up early to shop, or feed into the frenzy surrounding limited-edition items, today I made an exception. I met my friend/very fashionable co-worker (of Editorialistyle) bright and early in attempts to snag a few of the items on our wish lists.

There was a lot of excitement in the air, and it was rather fun to chat with women of all ages while waiting in line. We lucked out and ran into a woman in the dressing room who is a professional stylist, and she helped us make a few key decisions regarding our purchases. Everyone was so friendly and the only rude behavior we witnessed was one woman who cleared out the entire handbag section with one swoop of her arm. I have a feeling that all of those bags are headed to Ebay, or she is just a very generous person and plans to gift them all to friends. 

I was a little nervous to enter Target after reading so much about the Missoni Mishap last fall, but this experience was quite fun and friendly. The collection was better than I had anticipated, especially after seeing a few of the Missoni pieces in person and being completely underwhelmed. 

I got two things that I just love -a little black dress that definitely channels Audrey Hepburn, and this fun navy dress that feels kind of vintage, like something one of my old paper dolls would wear.





What do you think of the collection? Love? Indifferent? What about the concept of high-end designers releasing lines for Big Box retailers like Target?


No comments:

Post a Comment