Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Inspiration: Jill Calder



I stayed home today with a mean case of yuck, so in efforts to brighten my day a bit I thought I would share with you the work of Jill Calder. She is based out of the UK, and has worked with a wide variety of clients including The New Yorker, The Apple Store and Food & Wine, to name a few. Her illustrations make me smile-just what I need right now.

I gave my man a copy of the 3x3 Illustration annual (#5) for Valentine's day and my favorite piece by her was in it! The piece above is called The Selfish Giant, and I just want a large print of this for my living room wall so badly! Her work reminds me a bit of Andy Warhol's early illustrations (which I am also completely obsessed with btw!). I love her line work and use of color, she has some fun hand lettering as well, which you can check out here. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment