Friday, February 24, 2012

Recipe Friday: THE Best Egg Sandwich


Image via A Cup of Jo

Breakfast for dinner and dessert for breakfast are two things that just feel so decadent to me. I love mixing up my food routine every once and a while, and this is one of my favorite ways to do it.
Last night we tried out this recipe for egg sandwiches that I saw on the blog, A Cup of Jo. This recipe comes from Smitten Kitchen, a blog that I love for it's plethora of mouth watering recipes and photography.

I'll admit that I was rather skeptical at first, because the post claims that these sandwiches are "the best". But it was no lie, in fact it was so true that I ate two of them. For dinner. I highly recommend using American Cheese for this recipe. I know, right? But I found some American slices at my local co-op and just love how the cheese melted with the egg. For a little additional nutrition I served them on multigrain english muffins. We also tore up slices of turkey ham for some protein. Check out the full recipe here and prepare to be amazed, it's so simple and so delicious!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I KNEW you guys would try these. I thought of MJ when I saw the recipe. Glad you liked 'em!

    ReplyDelete