Monday, October 17, 2011

A Crazy Collection of Witches

I absolutely love this time of year. When I was small, the month of October was always filled with trips to the library for stacks of Halloween books, which is how I think my fascination with witches began (the pointy black hat, broom riding kind).


Photo Source

Photo Source

Photo Source

I adore the TV show Bewitched (love the title font too!), I always wished that with a wrinkle of my nose that I could magically change things around me.

Photo Source

The witch from The Wizard of Oz is just so perfect, and incredibly spooky! She has the cackle absolutely perfected.

Photo Source
So I know this one isn't a Halloween witch, but I had to include the White Witch from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. The BBC version is the best, and she is one creepy witch. Don't take any Turkish Delight from this crazy lady!

My favorite storybook witch has to be Dorrie, with her little black cat Gink. The books have long been out of print, but after doing some research it appears that certain titles are being reprinted!

And of course to be a true witch, you need a perfectly spooky house.

Photo Source

I always loved the house in the movie Beetlejuice.

Photo Source

But my all time favorite spooky house is The Addam's Family home, similar to The House by the Railroad in this Edward Hopper painting from 1925.

Photo source

1 comment: