Friday, September 2, 2011

Weekend Reading


With the long weekend in front of me, I am looking forward to making a dent in my massive TBR pile. Here are a few of the selections I will be reading over this final weekend of summer.

1. Just Being Audrey by Margaret Cardillo, illustrated by Julia Denos
I bought this not only because I love Audrey Hepburn, but I adore the work of Julia Denos. I highly recommend her blog, The Cinnamon Rabbit. It's interesting that a children's book was published about Ms. Audrey in 2011, but I guess she is just a timeless lady!

2. Scripts, Elegant Lettering From Design's Golden Age by Steven Heller and Louise Fili
Talk about a power couple! Steven Heller is the author of over 130 design books, the co-chair of the design MFA program at the School of Visual Arts AND a columnist for The New York Times Book Review. His blog, The Daily Heller is full of all kinds of conversations about design.
Louise Fili is known for her beautiful typography, restaurant design and love of Italy. Her work is simply stunning.

3. bon appetit magazine because the recipes always look delish and the photography is fabulous. What's not to love?!

4. Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain
After a fantastic, unforgettable meal at his restaurant while I was in NYC, I had to move this one up on my to-read list.

What will you be reading this weekend? Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment