Sunday, March 22, 2009

On My Nightstand

I recently began subscribing to some fantastic cooking blogs. I get lured in by the gorgeous, mouth watering photography and amazingly complex recipes that I vow to someday create (riiiight). I do love to cook, although lately with my schedule I been relying heavily on frozen pizza and the like (so horrible I know!).

I can't remember exactly how I came across this book but after clicking around, I found multiple bloggers who gave it rave reviews. I became intrigued and as I read more I found out that the author has her own blog, Orangette. So I began to read, and I really fell in love with her writing style.

Jump to later in the day while browsing at Barnes and Noble and I see one last copy of said book sitting on the "New Fiction" table. I am SO tempted. I try so hard to limit my hardcover purchases to Amazon, but it's been a while since I have had a really good read so I splurged and picked it up. I am only about 50 pages in but I can already tell it's going to be a keeper. So let me go out on a limb and say, even though I have yet to finish the book, that if you are at all interested in cooking and how it relates to who we are/who we become, then consider adding this book to your wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment