Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Winter Blues.

I just got back from yoga and while I feel a bit more centered, my life is totally off balance. The weather (it is currently a balmy -7 degrees) has totally taken me down-you win okay? My week has been a bit nutty-as in my normally 30 minute commute has been turned into 1-2 hour ordeal. Fortunately, I have an excellent co-pilot/driver which always helps. However, all of this has thrown me off my game and when I finally get home, I just want to crawl in bed never to be seen again.

There are a few things that keep me going-in no particular order-Yoga, Wine, new episodes of Gossip Girl, old episodes of The Office (Dwight anyone?) and books. Lots and lots of books.

So for lack of a better post, here is what I am currently trying to read my way through (I know, I know, I just did a book related post but hang on, I promise more design is coming!).


If you have yet not read The Boyfriend List, I highly recommend that you do because it's fantastic. I just picked up The Boy Book by the same author which is supposedly the continuation of The Boyfriend List. And can I just say how I love the covers of these books-the frog and the penguin-does it get any better? Perhaps, but these are pretty great. Also by E. Lockhart is Fly on the Wall, and the plot sounds promising .

At the recommendation of Look At That Book, is The Ghost's Child by Sonya Hartnett which I am eager to start. And finally, there is Rumors, part of the Luxe series, which has been my reading candy as of late.

I promise I will get down to the real business of this blog soon, as there are projects in the works, inspiration to be found and many more Illustration Friday's in which I will participate.

So hang tight internet friends, things are about to get interesting!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, a lot of these I need to read too!

    Gossip Girl and The Office are great shows! Apparently tomorrow is going to be the coldest day in 5 years, not looking forward to my bus ride :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alea, I am so jealous you take the bus. I miss those days so much! Are you a designer as well because you mentioned in a previous post that you have worked on book covers before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I like the bus but it makes it a little harder sometimes, like I can't really do errands etc for work. Yes! I am a graphic designer!

    ReplyDelete